National Electric Corp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Has anyone heard of a company called "National Electric Corporation"? Got a call (voice mail) from them today asking if I would be interested in doing contract work for them in retail stores in my area. The msg. said to either call them or go to their website and fill out a vendor form. I didn't call but I did look at their site. It asked for my hourly rate and flat rate for travel. Most companies like this that I have heard of, have set rates for their service calls. If this one does, I don't know why they would ask for my rate.
Have any of you ever dealt with them or know anything about them?

Jljohnson

I have worked for them and, for the most part, never had any major issues. They are a little slow to pay, 45-60 days, but any of the major service companies like this one are the same. They do take a $5.00 fee for processing off the top of all invoices that they don't tell you about upfront so I just added $5.00 to my travel fee to cover that. They don't send alot of work my way but I do maybe a dozen calls a year for them. They have a national contract with Petco stores.

kwired

Electron manager
I have worked for them and, for the most part, never had any major issues. They are a little slow to pay, 45-60 days, but any of the major service companies like this one are the same. They do take a $5.00 fee for processing off the top of all invoices that they don't tell you about upfront so I just added $5.00 to my travel fee to cover that. They don't send alot of work my way but I do maybe a dozen calls a year for them. They have a national contract with Petco stores.

Might want to find out just who the potential customers are that you will work for. Nearest Petco from me is about 100 miles away. The wife would want to go with me and go shopping while I am on the call and she would spend more than I made from the whole deal:happysad:

Status
Not open for further replies.