listed potting compound

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbwsparky

I am working on a new pool installation and need to know what listed potting compound to use for pool light niche. Inspector's check list state..Where rigid nonmetallic conduit is used between the wet-niche fixture and the junction box a No. 8 insulated copper conductor shall be installed in the conduit, and its termination in the forming shell shall be encapsulated in a listed potting compound. {Section 680-20 (b) (1). A 3M item number would help.

stickboy1375

Good Eye! I've been out of school WAY too long. Just goes to show, you learn something new Every Day:) Thanks Brother

Not a problem, don't feel bad, the pools I wire, the pool contractor installs and light and doesn't use the compound either, his statement is that, its too hard to replace a light with without pulling the bond wire with it.... I actually had to shame him into doing it because I mentioned how even his competitor uses a potting compound, and that guy is a REAL hack... :) sad world we live in. :(

stickboy1375

Not too proud to learn from others. If you can help a friend or neighbor, the world will be a better place for ALL of us:)

In all my years, i've found pride is the hardest thing to swallow for some... Inspectors included, I just don't see why a learning process has to be so hard. Of course, I'm here to educate myself to begin with, so thats probably half the battle, the "WANT".

Status
Not open for further replies.