rolling offsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper chopper

is there a website you guys could give for formulas on figuring rolling offsets , now i am not talking about 3/4 pipe but doing this on 4 inch emt. making mistakes can be costly so I want to be able to figure it out and i cant measure it daignoly I have rise and how much over measurements. I cant seem to find a conduit bending section on this website there should be.:?

WIMaster

Figure out what you need on a piece of 1/2" and transfer your results to your 4"

+1 ! By far the easiest, least costly and most accurate method, especially for 4".

You could measure down an over then find the hypotenuse, but any mistakes in that method will cause a bad offset and require a calculator that does Sq. root. A piece of 1/2 emt can be tweaked to fit then either measure the offset or match it.

tommy

I think the formula for rolling offsets is A sq + B sq = C sq rt

For instance 8" offset but need to roll 3" to left or right

8X8= 64 3X3=9
64+9 = 73
73 sq rt =8.544"

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
I think the formula for rolling offsets is A sq + B sq = C sq rt

For instance 8" offset but need to roll 3" to left or right

8X8= 64 3X3=9
64+9 = 73
73 sq rt =8.544"

I have never calculated a rolling offset, but my spidey sense confirms your formula. Simple enough, since the rise (8") and the side slip (3") are two sides of a traingle with a right angle between and the desired length is the hypotenuse, then Pythagorean's theorum is correct.

phone apps

phone apps

search online for iphone apps...Master Bender $3.99 willl do rolling offsets
android electrical wiring pro $2.99
etc

copper chopper

i used tommys method which is also in the UGLYS electrical referance book and it worked out great they had to snake up and over some duct work. they were 5/8 of an inch to big but I will blame that on the bending machine:lol:

thanks for all the posts-- the 1/2 inch pipe thing might have worked but where to start the bends just wing it, these where around 64 inches and had to be done at 33 degrees .

Status
Not open for further replies.