SKM, EasyPower, or ETap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodejp

Hi guys,

I was previously a member but moved and lost my info.

My question is which software package is the best? SKM, EasyPower, or ETap.

I anticipate my consulting firm using the analysis, coordination, and Arc Flash labeling for new and existing commercial, institutional and Medical facilities.

I've researched the cost and am more interested in ease of use, efficiency. Most EEs around here use SKM, which happens to be the cheapest if the number of busses is what I think it is.

Thanks in advance

LMAO

Welcome back. Sorry can't help you in terms of comparison. I have used EasyPower only but I think SKM is the most popular.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I only know how to use SKM. I would call it easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Getting the hang of it might be a bit of an effort, however, especially if you are familiar with the use of AutoCAD. The two progams have very different methods for selecting, copying, pasting, and moving portions of the image on the screen. I have found the technical support from the SKM home office to be very useful, and their people very friendly and helpful.

Goodejp

It seems as though SKM is the most used and approved. Unless someone preaches the great things about EasyPower or ETap I can't see why spending the extra money.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I've only used SKM, but some colleagues in Europe only use ETAP. They swear by it, but in discussions I've had with them, it seems more difficult. But as was said, it's really all about what you are used to, so maybe it just sounds cumbersome to ME because I am used to SKM.

Status
Not open for further replies.