Those other trades again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

How about installing a 12 volt light in the post?

There you go . That is a great solution. I forgot about that. Of course the HO would have to spring for a cheapo transformer. I have done landscape lighting with regular lamp posts and 12 volt medium base bulbs. I'll have to remember that next time I run into this situation. Thanks.

Speshulk

Nice try, next the owners will be wanting to sign waivers for everything to keep costs down, and we will end up running lamp cord to everything with no overcurrent protection because it is "cheap".

I routinely have customers sign waivers. Every time I work on a job where the mechanical contractor does the boiler wiring, I have the homeowner sign a waiver acknowledging that we didn't to that part of the job.

Same goes for when we install a generator interlock. The customer signs a waiver saying they've been instructed how it works, they understand how to use it, and they accept responsibility for anything that might happen if it's not used properly.

kwired

Electron manager
There you go . That is a great solution. I forgot about that. Of course the HO would have to spring for a cheapo transformer. I have done landscape lighting with regular lamp posts and 12 volt medium base bulbs. I'll have to remember that next time I run into this situation. Thanks.
Table 300.5 title says 0-600 volts is 12 volts not in that range? - The table still applies.

I routinely have customers sign waivers. Every time I work on a job where the mechanical contractor does the boiler wiring, I have the homeowner sign a waiver acknowledging that we didn't to that part of the job.

Same goes for when we install a generator interlock. The customer signs a waiver saying they've been instructed how it works, they understand how to use it, and they accept responsibility for anything that might happen if it's not used properly.
Why the generator interlock. The interlock idea is to prevent closing switches to each power source at same time. Unless they tamper with the interlock how are they going to do that?

Waiver saying you did not do a part of the install I can understand, waiver is not necessary for something that meets codes. If the interlock does not meet codes then you are essentially issuing the waiver because it does not meet codes, not because you explained to them how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.