100 Amp Breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

Had this plumber been drinking or smoking before this happened ? Just exactly how does one

cut through an energized #2 Al SER and not know it ?

I have no idea, he was the only guy on the job that day, so know one really knows what happened. He's a younger plumber, but no drinking or smoking involved, good kid really...

Oh, and he knew he cut it, just not sure why he didn't stop. :)

GerryB

I have no idea, he was the only guy on the job that day, so know one really knows what happened. He's a younger plumber, but no drinking or smoking involved, good kid really...

Oh, and he knew he cut it, just not sure why he didn't stop. :)

He must have looked like your little picture there by the time he was done:D

KWH

Had a 4/0 URD secondary cut clean in half by a trencher and stayed on. Wayne made some good points about why it didnt trip, this would be a good lesson if you have any helpers in your company to always test for voltage and trust no one but your self.

kwired

Electron manager
Had a 4/0 URD secondary cut clean in half by a trencher and stayed on. Wayne made some good points about why it didnt trip, this would be a good lesson if you have any helpers in your company to always test for voltage and trust no one but your self.
I've seen several times underground conductors still live after being hit by excavation equipment. If fault current did not fall within trip curve of the device it won't trip. Often the duration is not long enough for trip, when something like this happens. If you short conductors together and leave them connected it should eventually trip.

templdl

I've seen several times underground conductors still live after being hit by excavation equipment. If fault current did not fall within trip curve of the device it won't trip. Often the duration is not long enough for trip, when something like this happens. If you short conductors together and leave them connected it should eventually trip.

Good point which is per my post #14.

Status
Not open for further replies.