Panel Board Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancisDoody

Does anyone know of a program that can be used to print a panel board directory. Columns already drawn and numbered, just fill in the spaces and print. That is what I'm looking for!
Thanks,

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Does anyone know of a program that can be used to print a panel board directory. Columns already drawn and numbered, just fill in the spaces and print. That is what I'm looking for!
Thanks,
For Square D "branded" directory cards, click here. Go toward the bottom, click on the "Publications" and scroll down to links for several in pdf format.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
In Excel 2007 it is easy to do a data fill of a series of numbers. Type 1 in cell A1 , 3 in cell A2, and 5 in cell A3, then highlight the cells. Go to the last highlighted cell and drag down to where you want the series to stop and it will automatically fill the series-- 1,3,5,7,9, etc...

Do the same in cell C1 with 2, 4, and 6 then you are ready to go

480sparky

Since SD has an approved replacement 'card' would it be a violation to use anything else? What if you covered any of the other info on the original card?

How about a Code reference requiring the panel directory to be listed.

Yes, there is a standard, but I believe it's for the dimensions only.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Sq D panels have a clear panel directory holder, with clear double sided tape. Pull out the directory and whats behind can be easily read.
I use excel to make a directory, adding at the top panel name, date, volts, etc.
I will print the numbers in color, black/red or black/red/blue.
And the best suggestion I can make is have two copies in the directory holder. if you need to make an update, mark up both copies, leave on on site, take the other to your shop and update it. take it back the next time you are at the panel.
The great thing about this system is you have an updated schedule on your computer and don't need to guess as to whats in the field.

Where I work we have hundreds of panels to keep up to date. our panel schedules are kept on the company file server.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I would think it is a bad idea to cover the info of the panel with the directory but I am not sure it would be a violation. Usually I can install the directory where the factory panel directory is located

Status
Not open for further replies.