pitch pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbac

bidding job that states EC shall furnish and install pitch pan for power and control wiring and maintain 12 inch minimum clearance from back panel of A/C units..
Question is what is a pitch pan? :? TIA

cadpoint

I'm sure this isn't your first rodeo, just be sure to count twice. Bathroom fans can be tricky to account for. Make sure you also account for 50' rule for roof receptacle(s).

With the new seam roof's it's big dollors if you miss a hole.

Good Luck on the Bid!

normbac

I'm sure this isn't your first rodeo, just be sure to count twice. Bathroom fans can be tricky to account for. Make sure you also account for 50' rule for roof receptacle(s).

With the new seam roof's it's big dollors if you miss a hole.

Good Luck on the Bid!

What are you refering to about the miss a hole?

cadpoint

That's exactly what I'm saying don't miss any! Pull or get the cut sheets for all the equipment that is going up there if you get the job.

Confirm with the GC and the HVAC that you understand X number of pentatrations will be done by you and ask when you can stub up your conduits or place a short run through the holes.

Some times the HVAC will cut and supply their own pitch pocket, but you said they are spec'd to you.

Roofers are like tile guys there here then gone... and they don't say good bye.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
bidding job that states EC shall furnish and install pitch pan for power and control wiring and maintain 12 inch minimum clearance from back panel of A/C units..
Question is what is a pitch pan? :? TIA

just for grins.... check the cuts on the package units.

i discovered that the ones on a data center i did had power and t stat
feeds out the bottom, and you could just throw flex's down the opening.

no roof penetrations or piping on the roof required.

it was a profitable discovery. 30 or so package units. :cool:

bradleyelectric

This is where notes to your scope are your friend. In the note on the proposal: Roof penetration seals by others.

It has been a while since the last unit I've had to wire without going through the curb.

Status
Not open for further replies.