Your price for a switch leg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KVA

Just wondering what some of you guys are getting for a switch leg in residential old work. For ceiling fans and recessed lights.

KVA

Sorry forgot some details...no access above. What's your price for sheetrock and plaster...if you wan't to reveal that:thumbsup:

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Sorry forgot some details...no access above. What's your price for sheetrock and plaster...if you wan't to reveal that:thumbsup:

If you have plaster and lathe bet you have lead paint. Doubt if you will remove more than 6 SF but if you do are you certified?

How do you price doing this?

As of April 22, 2010, anyone who conducts renovations, repairs, or painting in pre-1978 or child-occupied facilities must get certified. In addition to personal certification, there is also the requirement of getting your firm registered with EPA in order to ensure that you are not at risk to receive up to $37,500 in fines per day!

http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/toolkits.htm

GUNNING

about cost .. note to self, move to Ozarks.

about cost .. note to self, move to Ozarks.

$37500 per violation... no sign, no epa cert, no containment, no protective gear. 4 x 37500 = $150K

About $100 per swt or receptacle, $140 a can with open trim and incandescent light & lots of room above in attic plus permits, more if owner helps.

satcom

We get $357.00 based on our flat rate book this would be in addition to our $75.00 service charge so the total ticket would be $432.00

Sounds cheap, for an old work job, a good number of the service shops around this area get $600 and up.

kwired

Electron manager
Sounds cheap, for an old work job, a good number of the service shops around this area get $600 and up.

Let's see. you maybe have $20.00 at most in switch, box, other components maybe up to $50.00 if you have dimmer or fan speed control, probably only $20.00 max, and probably not even that much, in cable unless really large room So maybe $70 worth of materials, and $530.00 for what could be as little as an hour or probably no more than 3 hours.

I'm not saying it is too high, but around here if I asked for $600.00 to add a switch to the average room - they are not going to hire me, their buddy Joe the handiman who is good with anything will do it for 100 or less plus materials - some of their buddies will even do it for a couple beers. I can't live on beer alone, I guess some guys can:happyyes:

BullsnPyrs

packing as I type.

Come on down, at a population density of 12 per sq mile we have plenty of room, no electrical inspectors and no money to pay electricians with. But if you want to hunt, fish and watch the trees grow you are welcome to join us. lake of the Ozarks must be full of retirees with money, around this part of the Ozarks it's a sixpack next time they go to the next county over.

ritelec

Come on down, at a population density of 12 per sq mile we have plenty of room, no electrical inspectors and no money to pay electricians with. But if you want to hunt, fish and watch the trees grow you are welcome to join us. lake of the Ozarks must be full of retirees with money, around this part of the Ozarks it's a sixpack next time they go to the next county over.

ha ha............over the past 10 yrs I've taken this quiz..............and every-time it's directed me there!!!!

http://www.findyourspot.com/

there and Paris Tenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.