Let the swagging commence, and thanks for your input...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
yeah, leica makes a true position station you can rent, you take the autocad drawing,
put all your points you want to hit on it, load it into the station, index it, and it puts
every position down on the ground within a quarter inch. you hit two axis, zero it to them
and you can project the whole floorplan out..... i put the rental in the quote.

i'm pretty used to doing slab work...

I'm just curious, do you know which unit it is, model #? What's the rental run? Sounds handy!

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I'm just curious, do you know which unit it is, model #? What's the rental run? Sounds handy!

http://www.leica-geosystems.us/en/Leica-3D-Disto_94606.htm

$7,500 to buy, couple thousand to rent.

it's not a high end digitizer, the target market is hvac, plumbing, electrical, and field surveys.

you can pick up the corners of the slab when it's formed, and project any stub up point
with pretty high resolution. with stakes and your wits about you, you could lay out the
whole thing in a few hours, and my best track record with smurf on a deck was 1,000 ft/hr for
11 hours straight on the huntington beach hilton. i'd start way early in the morning, when it's
not bright, barely light enough to see, so the laser is easy to spot, and be ready to rock by
coffee time.

where it'd pay for itself in buckets is in slab or deck work, laying out tons of stubs or red dots.

i'm probably not gonna need it. got the bid, am now in the value engineering point of the
process.... :p i should be able to hit everything in the slab to the edge of the slab, so i'm
just wiring yard ells to the form using chairs for standoffs, it goes fast. only two interior
walls to lay out, so we are talking two form strings, maybe 15 stakes in the interior of the
slab, and the rest around the edge, going to two locations in the center of the building.
i have my sheetmetal guy punch me up a couple panel sized pieces of metal with the hole
pattern i need, space them 3" apart, and that holds all my conduits tidy. with everything
prefabbed, i figure one long day for me and a helper should do the underground.

maybe we should substitute robroy and eys's, just in case.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.