What kind of breaker is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

More pictures:
Can you get a picture of the internal wiring? How about some better quality pictures of the breaker with no handle?

Is there a notch in the place where the handle should be or is the handle broke off or what?

It is hard to tell from the previous pics.

mivey

The original key operated breakers had a key that looked similar to the key for light switches. The key was inserted flatwise into the breaker.
Where do they mark the size on the slotted type? The rotating key style has the size stamped near the keyhole.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Where do they mark the size on the slotted type? The rotating key style has the size stamped near the keyhole.

These pictures are from a panel that went obsolete back in the the mid 60's. 50 years ago there was no code requirement that the rating of the breaker be visible when the breaker was installed.

mivey

These pictures are from a panel that went obsolete back in the the mid 60's. 50 years ago there was no code requirement that the rating of the breaker be visible when the breaker was installed.
I don't quite go back that far.

But I do remember having breakers that required you to look on the side to determine the size. Whether it was rubbed off numbers or just some old breakers with no numbers on the front I do not recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.