Servo motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilsparky

Good morning,
I have 3, 3 phase 480v servo motors. one at 2kw and two at 3kw. I have never worked with servos before and was wondering do I treat them the same as other motors, as far as sizing the feeders? I looked at the NEC section 430 and am not sure whether any of those sections apply to servo motors.

The nameplate data gives continous amps, i.e. 2 kw is 6.7a. Do I run with that or go to table 430.250? I'm lost on where these motors fit?

Any guidance?

Thanks!

mike_kilroy

i believe code for feed sizes relates to the drive not the motor. you need to list the details on the drives like voltage, current input, are all 3 to be fed separately or off a common point you then want to feed. details details.....

lilsparky

Ok here's the info straight from the vendo catalog. The instrumentation guy has specified Omron three phase 400v drives. This is how it's listed for the models he specified:

Max. applicable motor capacity 2KW, 3KW
Continuous output current Arms 6.7, 9.4
input power main circuit 3-phase 380 to 480 VAC +10 to -15% (50/60 hz)
supply control circuit 24vdc +/- 15%

To answer your question on how I want to feed them - I would like to bring one feed from the MCC (480V) to a common pt (jb) then split off and feed each servo separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.