New Draft of the 2014 NEC- Comments????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Since I have been pretty disturbed about a few rules lately and the new Draft if 2014 is out. What now. Is there comment , will someone listen, what is the point.

The problem I have is that by the time we here in Ca realize a code is a problem is 6 + years past the time to complain and suggest alternatives.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Since I have been pretty disturbed about a few rules lately and the new Draft if 2014 is out. What now. Is there comment , will someone listen, what is the point.

The problem I have is that by the time we here in Ca realize a code is a problem is 6 + years past the time to complain and suggest alternatives.

I'll move this post to Comments/Proposals.

raider1

Staff member
You can make a comment on any of the actions taken in regards to proposals.

HERE is a link to NFPA. Click on the comment form and you can download a word document to fill out your comment.

Comments must be submitted to NFPA by October 17th of this year to be considered at the committee meetings in November and December.

Chris

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The results often change between the proposal/draft stage and the final document.
I have had two were the CMPs reversed themselves between the draft and the final document. In one they accepted my proposal by a unanimous vote and then, in the comment stage, rejected it, also by a unanimous vote. In the other one the proposal was rejected at the proposal stage and accepted at the comment stage.

You can look at the ROP and the draft and make comments now, even though you may not be using that code for 6 more years.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Anyone get a copy of the ROP on CD from the NFPA? So far they've sent me two. :roll:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I got the CD just the other day, I also downloaded the ROP and ROP Draft from NFPA's website.

Chris

For whatever reason I cannot copy/paste the downloaded version word for word. It seem that the bold and italicized text won't copy. Now I can use the CD for that. :thumbsup:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
For whatever reason I cannot copy/paste the downloaded version word for word. It seem that the bold and italicized text won't copy. Now I can use the CD for that. :thumbsup:
I have that same problem. Maybe I will have them send me the CD.

fmtjfw

If you can figure out how to do anything with the comment form embedded in general.pdf on the CD, please tell me. I finally hand typed a "copy" into word. I couldn't get the formatting to come out decently nor add my .gif signature.:sick:

fmtjfw

I'm going to want help in trying to get some of the things that got rejected in the ROP phase accepted in the ROC phase. Should I open a thread for topic or just fill this out with unrelated stuff?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.