1962 NEC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneCook

Thanks, my oldest NEC is 68, so I'm dead in the water.
Years ago when Mike first started the forum, there was an older gentleman named Bennie. I believe he was a moderator? And I think he may have worked on the Manhatten Project or something related to that. Is he still around by any chance?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Years ago when Mike first started the forum, there was an older gentleman named Bennie. I believe he was a moderator? And I think he may have worked on the Manhatten Project or something related to that. Is he still around by any chance?
Bennie passed away a few years back and he probably would have known the answer. I still miss him.

Roger

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO

That funny!

Bennie passed away a few years back and he probably would have known the answer. I still miss him.

Roger

Me too.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
In 1965 it said that, ".....shall be constructed of brass or bronze unless located not less than 4' from the pool."

So I'm taking that to mean that if it was brass or bronze that it could be within 4'.

WayneCook

In 1965 it said that, ".....shall be constructed of brass or bronze unless located not less than 4' from the pool."

So I'm taking that to mean that if it was brass or bronze that it could be within 4'.

Thanks, I agree. And I would assume that it was possibly the same, or less stringent, in 1962. But, I'm hoping someone can answer definitively.

A little background..., An unknown electrician started this job, and he, and/or the pool owner crossed swords with the inspector. A second electrician was called in and the inspector is being very thorough. Second electrician was turned down because the existing junction box he utilized for new low voltage pool lights was within four feet of the pool. Apparently, building official records indicate that the pool was installed in a time period that fell under the 1962 NEC. The inspector apparently told the electrician that he would accept if 1962 compliant.

I'm attempting to find out if the box is brass or bronze. I would guess it is, if it is still there after all these years.

I was simply asked if I had a 1962 code book, that is how I got involved. Just trying to help if I can.

Thanks to all that are attempting to find me an answer.

WC

Status
Not open for further replies.