WYE-> DELTA TRANSFORMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npstewart

Good afternoon everyone,

Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for a Wye -> delta transformer?

I am using two transformers to boost the voltage from 208->230v three phase for a 14kW European machine.

The way I see it, I dont need a neutral on the primary or secondary side of this transformer.

Thanks!

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If you use an actual wye-delta transformer, you would not need/use the neutral on the primary.
The installation would need to conform to all the applicable Articles such as 450, possibly 250.21(B), 250.24(E) and 240.21(C).

Using buck-boost transformers might prove to be simpler and far less expensive.

Here is a guide that will help you select & wire buck n boost:

http://www.jeffersonelectric.com/s3/site/catalog/buckBoost.pdf

Last edited:

Npstewart

I should have mentioned that I am using a buck/boost transformer. Im using the 1S82F by Square D

How would the grounding work for this transformer? This is specifically what I am concerned about. The wiring diagram does not indicate any ground at all.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If you are referencing equipment ground (as opposed to grounded), the buck & boost are auto transformers, as opposed to a SDS, so your supply circuit equipment ground would continue to the utilization equipment.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
If you search the square d site for buck boost transformers, the wiring details change according to what voltage you start with and what voltage you are shooting for. They should have wiring diagrams for almost any imaginable config.

Besoeker

Good afternoon everyone,

Does anyone have a good wiring diagram for a Wye -> delta transformer?

I am using two transformers to boost the voltage from 208->230v three phase for a 14kW European machine.

The way I see it, I dont need a neutral on the primary or secondary side of this transformer.

Thanks!
Don't forget the difference in frequency that you may need to take into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.