M/H flood

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbac

I have 4 new 175watt M/H flood fixtures and two 150 on 2 circuits The 4 175 fixtures light up stay on 5 min approx. and shut down they restart and shut down approx 1 min. later. The 150watt fixtures never really start they just glow slightly voltage is 120 no load and 118 under load, voltage does not go off when fixtures shut down. Once they cool down process goes back to 5 min before shut down then 1 min. (heat issue?) Bulb voltage and wattage are correct for fixture Bypassed photocell no help, left lid up on fixture to eliminate heat possibilities, no change. Help any comments appreciated. :? TIA

dicklaxt

How are they connected,,,,,2-175 & 1-150 per circuit that are acting identical? Thats odd,probably not hooked up that way/

Whats the voltage and distribution "X" volts and 1 or 3 phase,,,

Some one answer this my curiosity is boiling over

dick

normbac

How are they connected,,,,,2-175 & 1-150 per circuit that are acting identical? Thats odd,probably not hooked up that way/

Whats the voltage and distribution "X" volts and 1 or 3 phase,,,

Some one answer this my curiosity is boiling over

dick
I have been troubleshooting since post and these were installed new about 6 months ago just got power week ago. There are actually three circuits cir #1 has 1 150w & 2 175w cir #2 has 1 150w & 2 175w cir #3 has 2 175w & 1 150w cir #2 has 1 175w that works fine and cir#3 has 1 175w that works fine the rest are as described in previous post. They are also wired to some exterior receps not in use.
I am going crazy with this :rant::?:happysad::lol::cry:

dicklaxt

Are they all multi tap ballasts or single voltage(do you have the correct tap connected if MT,how about the lamps are they the correct size and within specified socket voltage range?

A remote possibility is low voltage(I'm sure you checked that already)and another remote how about the PF correction capacitors,,,,,,it would be odd if they all were bad at the same time but if they have been exposed to wet/damp atmosphere with out burning for 6 months it just might be,,,,,,

dick

Status
Not open for further replies.