Termination of PVC conduit in steel light pole on bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been asked to add steel pipe light poles to a steel bridge structure. Where and how should the termination of the PVC conduit which will be turned up into the base of the steel light pole be resolved? The light pole is to be welded to the structure, and the conduit will enter the light pole through the opening in the lower end of the steel pipe pole.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
We have been asked to add steel pipe light poles to a steel bridge structure. Where and how should the termination of the PVC conduit which will be turned up into the base of the steel light pole be resolved? The light pole is to be welded to the structure, and the conduit will enter the light pole through the opening in the lower end of the steel pipe pole.

I am not sure any termination is necessary other than a pvc connector with a bushing or just a pvc coupling. I would make sure the conduit is high enough to be reached thru the access door in the pole.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
With the exception of entry fitting, treat the entry into the pole cavity that same as if it were being terminated there... i.e. secure the PVC as if it terminates at the entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.