HOT YOGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

malachi constant

Now that I've got your attention! Have a client looking to fit out a tenant space with a yoga studio - specifically a "hot yoga" studio, which means 85-105F temperatures, about 30% humidity. The electrical panel is surface mounted within the heated studio. The panel is a relatively new installation, 200A MLO, Square D NQOD type. Due to the layout of the room it is not easy to box the panel into a cooled or unheated closet, and it is probably too expensive to move the panel.

During off-hours the room will generally be kept at normal temps (~70F). About 8-10 hours a day it will be heated up to the 85-105F range, depending on class type. There will be plenty of fresh air to the classroom. Smallish studio - not sure what the square footage is but they will max out around 30-35 students.

Should I be concerned about the panel being in a warmer environment such as this? My inclination is no. It is not going to be heavily loaded (a gas-fired rooftop unit and humidifier will be the largest loads - would guess it will rarely see more than half of its amperage rating). It is not going to be demonstrably hotter than a panel located in, say, an unheated garage over the summer. Mold is known to be an issue in studios such as these, should I recommend semi-annual panel inspections or something like that, and call it a day?

Thanks!

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
this is no worse than what you would see in an unconditioned space and there is generally no issues there with it being a little warmer than what most people consider comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.