Cabinet lights with door switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike33

I'm lighting three lower cabinets with LED tape. Each cabinet has a pair of doors. I need help finding easy to install, inexpensive door switches. The lights need to come on when either of the doors open. And it would be beneficial if all doors triggered all lights so I would only need one power supply.

There is a nearby outlet in another cabinet where I will get power and I can hide a transformer in the back of the cabinets.

kwired

Electron manager
I'm lighting three lower cabinets with LED tape. Each cabinet has a pair of doors. I need help finding easy to install, inexpensive door switches. The lights need to come on when either of the doors open. And it would be beneficial if all doors triggered all lights so I would only need one power supply.

There is a nearby outlet in another cabinet where I will get power and I can hide a transformer in the back of the cabinets.

I don't know how easy it would be to find something really inexpensive - unless you use a class 2 control circuit for the switching loop. You will need either a switch for every door or one switch with a mechanical device operated by each of the doors. None of which will be free. Meaning of inexpensive will vary from one person to the next also.

mike33

I was hoping to keep the materials under $300.

I'll check out those "Better Switches".

It looks like I'd be able to use multiple magnets for one source. And I believe I could put that little cube in a plastic box?

Status
Not open for further replies.