Does anyone have a PDF of NEC Articles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
I can paste the Table of Contents in a word document if you want and then you can just delete what you don't want. I assume you want the 2011.

Duse

I can paste the Table of Contents in a word document if you want and then you can just delete what you don't want. I assume you want the 2011.

Thanks Eric but I was looking something more like the EZ tab list "not exactly of course" to throw a laminated sheet in the front of the book so I won't have to tab it all out if you know what I mean, been scouring the internet for awhile now and in that time I probably coulda tabbed out my whole book again.. LOL..

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
I have a square d/schneider electric bookmark with references to articles on it that I keep in my NEC.

But I can't remember where I got it.

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech

I have no idea why this posted again. Wierd.

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Those sites are not illegal.
Do you know which sites I am talking about? I thought he wanted articles from the NEC. There are many sites out there with links to the pdf of the NEC and if they are not NFPA sites then they are not legal.

ASG

Occupation
Electrical Engineer, PE
Do you know which sites I am talking about? I thought he wanted articles from the NEC. There are many sites out there with links to the pdf of the NEC and if they are not NFPA sites then they are not legal.

See Veeck v. Southern Building Code. Once code becomes law, it no longer has copyright protection. For example, bulk.resource.org/codes.gov/ is a perfectly legal site and is even linked to via wiki as an example of Veeck for years. Unfortunately, their PDFs are just scanned pages that are not searchable so its usefulness is not as ideal as one would wish for.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
See Veeck v. Southern Building Code. Once code becomes law, it no longer has copyright protection. For example, bulk.resource.org/codes.gov/ is a perfectly legal site and is even linked to via wiki as an example of Veeck for years. Unfortunately, their PDFs are just scanned pages that are not searchable so its usefulness is not as ideal as one would wish for.

I don't know what to tell you. I did call NFPA and asked about the sites that offer the pdf on line for free. They said they scan the internet looking for them and, in fact, shut one down recently that everyone seemed to know about. They had the handbook, 2008, 2011 NEC pdf's for a free download. That site is closed because of NFPA so it seems to be within their authority. The handbook, of course, is written by just a few authors and is not, as far as I know, public domain. Not sure how the resource sites do it but we are not allowed to link to any other than the NFPA sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.