Cable Boss Staple Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

How is this tool on MC cable?
Cable Boss 3-in1 Staple Gun
What the pricing of this tools staples compared to regular insulated staples?

Your feedback is appreciated

John120/240

How often do you use MC cable in wood frame construction ? Me, not often enough to warrant

purchasing a staple gun. For those occasions when it is necessary to use MC in wood frame,

a regular romex staple will suffice. YMMV

JJWalecka

How often do you use MC cable in wood frame construction ? Me, not often enough to warrant

purchasing a staple gun. For those occasions when it is necessary to use MC in wood frame,

a regular romex staple will suffice. YMMV

its speced to use EMT and some MC. Its a wooden structure.

I'm always looking for time saving materials and tools. I respect the opinions of others on this site. :thumbsup:

I prefer MC cable installations over romex myself

What does YMMV mean?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I have the Cable Boss and I like it. Works well on MC. Sometimes you have to drive it in a little more with a hammer if you don't/can't get enough pressure on the handle when stapling.
Really helps out when you have a spot you can't get a hammer into to give it a "good swing".

Article 90.1

These staple guns are great when you are in an attic or crawl space that you want to get out of fast, but the cables are expensive compared to regular steel staples. I never thought to use one of these on MC cable, though.

highvolts582

Feelings are mixed

Feelings are mixed

after being through a few staplers I feel they really do not last very long something in the head eventually interferes with the staple from fully entering the chamber. This causes the gun to malfunction you may have to click 3 to 4 times for a staple to come out or they just jam up and all explode out broken. When it works it is heaven. You can really ninja wire. And no nail pops for securing wires in a finished attic. Maybe I broke it by hitting in the staples that do not go in all the way. staples are pricey. I say give it a go but dont get to upset it does not last as long as say .....1000-2000 wirenuts in electricians time.

highvolts582

These staple guns are great when you are in an attic or crawl space that you want to get out of fast, but the cables are expensive compared to regular steel staples. I never thought to use one of these on MC cable, though.

There are no listed staples for MC. Read the box only use as listed it would stink to have to rip staples out and redo while you know who is walking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.