would you work for this company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
File this under ridiculousness of the day:

I was perusing the website of a local GC I've been told by many to avoid. Under the "References" tab on their home page, I found this letter from a customer.

It reads,

?I want to thank you Scotty and Walt for working with our church so closely and compassionately. I know that throughout this ordeal I?ve done nothing but beg, plead, and enlighten all of you on how broke our church is and how if we didn?t come in under budget I?d be hung from the portico out front. I know I?ve begged so much you hate to see my name come up on your phone. But Pinnacle has more than been receptive to these daily poor mouthing?s. Pinnacle has bent over backwards to indulge our idiosyncrasies and work with us in any way possible. You have even acted as go betweens for us and subs and requested reduced prices for change orders and in most cases have shamed the subs into doing some of the extra work for free. I cannot begin to thank Walt, you Scotty, Gene, Jodi , Doug and others at Pinnacle for making this venture a pleasant one rather than the stressful one I had envisioned at the start. My thanks to Pinnacle for the donation of the ramp, your time, prayers, and encouragement throughout this project.?

Mike Adams | Pastor

Seventh Day Adventist Church

Praise Jesus. :angel: :ashamed1:

kwired

Electron manager
If I understand correctly, you have a church that claims to be broke, and they have some kind of project going on and don't want to pay the contractors, or want to plead to lower the price anyway?

I don't want to turn this into a religious debate which we are not supposed to do here but will point out that they likely are doing something that is against their own teachings if I understand what is going on here. If it were my own church I may do things at cost or even less and consider it a donation to the church - no matter what the church budget was in, but if contracted by a church I have no affiliation with - it is nothing more than business, why you contracting a project if you have no money for it?

John120/240

It is like going to the all you can eat buffet. Church members eyes are bigger than their

check book. I'm with kwired. They have a contract, cost should be known before hand. So why

try to wiggle out from paying the bill ? I do work for my church, labor free, material at cost.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Sorry guys, I have to close this thread before the nose dive.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.