steel indenter couplings

Status
Not open for further replies.

btharmy

Alot of the installs I see with those fittings seem to be less than tight. I would recommend pulling an egc in that conduit if I were you. ;)

kwired

Electron manager
Alot of the installs I see with those fittings seem to be less than tight. I would recommend pulling an egc in that conduit if I were you. ;)

I won't say I have never seen them come apart, but seems like anytime Ihave wanted to take one apart it would not cooperate.

Just like you have to remember to tighten a set screw or compression nut, you have to remember to crimp these or they are subject to poor equipment grounding and possibly coming apart.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I'm still trying to get my head around the notion that 30 years ago being the 80's.
Like the man said, "If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself."

the part i find most damaging is remembering how you did something on a job....
and then realizing it was 30 years ago.......

what was ugly, was last night i had posted about doing some work on FPC Boron, CA
and afterwards, googled it....

and found it had been abandoned 10 years ago.... and someone had posted a few hundred
photos on flickr, and among them i found the lift i'd wired and maintained... and it looked
like an abandoned building from 100 years ago.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coldwararchaeology/5629885751/in/set-72157626488079836/

it wasn't that long ago... honest....

i'll be back later.. i need to go find my Geritol and walker, if i can remember where i put them.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
I kept some of the indent fittings from way back, use connectors occasionaly when mounting box to masonary or other solid wall, don't need as big a hole for entry through back of box.

Status
Not open for further replies.