Motiom detectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good quality residential motion sensing fixture. Seems recently I have had nothing but problems with a particular brand that used to be quite dependable. I had one individual tell me that RAB products are top of the line, anybody here agree with that?Thanx.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
We've only installed RAB products for years, they're dependable and they seem to have almost no call backs. But they're expensive when compared to the stuff at Home Depot and Lowes.

kwired

Electron manager
I hate motion detectors. I imagine there are some good one out there but they are going to have a cost. Typical single family dwelling owners want cheap. I will put them up but will not guarantee any kind of performance from them.

On new construction I would rather try to talk them into low level lighting controlled by photocell for security reasons, and additional lighting or dimmer switches to bring the light level up if needed or desired. Beats having lights turn on and off all night for unknown reasons, and also prevents no light at all when they were supposed to turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.