Comfortable work boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkync

Found Them

Found Them

I settled with the "Timberland Titan". They are very lightweight and very comfortable so far. I'm looking forward to wearing them. I'm glad to see the positive comments about them. I bought them before I thought to check back here on the forum. The Wolverine was a close second, but the comfort and soft leather of the "Titan" won out, even though it did cost me a little more. Got them on sale for $ 125.00 at Sears then another $ 10.00 knocked off for opening a charge card with them:) Makes the second charge card I have with them. Haven't activated the first one yet:) Thanks for the replies. While on an extension ladder with slick soles and having to turn around facing nothing but sky, I was determined to get me a pair of good ones.
BTW, bought me some "boot covers" from Grainger to help keep them looking good as long as I can, especially when crawling under houses:) They're so pretty:)

Lost_RFTech

I wear Wolverine "Multishocks". I do not know what the actual differences between them and the Durashock type are but I'm so satisfied with these that I hate to experiment with anything else.

They come in both a 6" and 8" version, I'm a huge fan of the 8's.

I work in a facility that ranges form the latest and greatest to facilities that were built before the turn of the century - and I ain't talking about the most recent one. Flooding and spills are common, so being waterproof and having good traction are very important.

I have a pretty advanced case of rheumatoid arthritis so footware comfort has taken on a whole new importance. The Multishocks are the best bet I've found so far.

The Timberland Pro's are a close second, though I had a heal lining wear through in a single day when I put on a pair of heavy wool socks that had a weed seed of some flavor stuck to them. It pretty well ruined the boots for long-term wear for me, they now have a slight amount of looseness in that heel. They have now been relegated to short-term wear around home only. Also, I have never been able to achieve the same degree of water resistance I have with the Wolverines. Their largest attraction to me was that they are about like wearing tennis shoes while having the protection and support of a boot. That may make them worth considering depending on one's work environment and wear requirements.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
Whites--the 10 inch smoke jumper--and use Obernaufs(Spelling?) grease--I have 2 pair and switch them oput every 6 months or so--I go 3 to four years between rebuilds--Downside--they run around $400 per pair and $200 to send back and rebuild--Upside--custom fit to my foot and long lasting+

PetrosA

I wore the Red Wing 606s for a while too. They were absolutely the most comfortable boot to wear, but had a few really serious issues. The soles would crack in less than a year from me kneeling down (under the ball of my foot) and they don't have shanks, which makes any extended time on a ladder painful to me. I'm still seeking boot Nirvana. :(

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Status
Not open for further replies.