Accubid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitrohagen

We use Accubid and I know quite a few other Federated Electrical Contractors (FEC) do as well. As far as Accubid Pro 11 is concerned if you aren't using the tabs that include your Subcontractors, Indirect Labor, General Expenses, Quotes, etc. you risk missing some very real costs in the estimate. It also allows you to assign different OH&P markups to those categories as well lets you keep track of all the quotes from suppliers and sub contractors as they come in.

cdslotz

We use Accubid and I know quite a few other Federated Electrical Contractors (FEC) do as well. As far as Accubid Pro 11 is concerned if you aren't using the tabs that include your Subcontractors, Indirect Labor, General Expenses, Quotes, etc. you risk missing some very real costs in the estimate. It also allows you to assign different OH&P markups to those categories as well lets you keep track of all the quotes from suppliers and sub contractors as they come in.

Sounds a lot like Conest with the recap tabs.

No wonder he's winning all the work

Hahaha!!!!!!!

SIRSPARKSALOT

We use Accubid at our shop. I will say that we only use it for materials and manhours. Once we have that information we use some sophisticated excel spreadsheets to take care of the rest. It is much easier for us to look at the whole job using the spreadsheets rather than Accubid. That's just what works for us.

mstrlucky74

We use Accubid at our shop. I will say that we only use it for materials and manhours. Once we have that information we use some sophisticated excel spreadsheets to take care of the rest. It is much easier for us to look at the whole job using the spreadsheets rather than Accubid. That's just what works for us.

Thats what we do!!!

cdslotz

Thats what we do!!!

Sounds like a waste of money. Accubid is not cheap.
You can get that info with a lot of cheaper programs.
I take it you don't break down your jobs once awarded into cost codes, which is one of the benefits of having such a program.

mstrlucky74

Sounds like a waste of money. Accubid is not cheap.
You can get that info with a lot of cheaper programs.
I take it you don't break down your jobs once awarded into cost codes, which is one of the benefits of having such a program.

No but that is what I think we are trying to do in the near future. How do cost codes work in conjunction with Accubid or Conest and what ia the benefit? Thanks

cdslotz

No but that is what I think we are trying to do in the near future. How do cost codes work in conjunction with Accubid or Conest and what ia the benefit? Thanks

You can extract all material and labor hours for tracking each cost code, quotes, subs, indirect labor, PM time, foreman time, overtime, overhead, profit, etc from the reports.

The benefit....you don't go broke

You guys don't break down job costs and track them?

mstrlucky74

You can extract all material and labor hours for tracking each cost code, quotes, subs, indirect labor, PM time, foreman time, overtime, overhead, profit, etc from the reports.

The benefit....you don't go broke

You guys don't break down job costs and track them?

Nope...:ashamed1:

SIRSPARKSALOT

Skinning a cat...

Skinning a cat...

can be done more than one way and yes there may be other software that allows us to price material and labor, but Accubid (after loads of modifying the database) is very easy for us to use. Regarding job costing...we job cost using spreadsheets. In doing so it allows our office staff, who do not use accubid, to take care of that for us. Our bids are broken down by system/building/phase/etc. in accubid and each portion is given a separate job number for purchases and labor.

Additionally, our job costing is very specific and allows us to look at a job on a daily basis.

Project sizes - $100K to $5M

SIRSPARKSALOT

One other thing...

One other thing...

Not all of our estimators use Accubid or a computer. We have some that use the NECA labor units book and Trade Service book and do their estimates (very accurate and detailed I might add) the old fashioned way...pencil, paper and a calculator. What I get from them is material and labor. I then add that to our spreadsheets and away we go...

mstrlucky74

can be done more than one way and yes there may be other software that allows us to price material and labor, but Accubid (after loads of modifying the database) is very easy for us to use. Regarding job costing...we job cost using spreadsheets. In doing so it allows our office staff, who do not use accubid, to take care of that for us. Our bids are broken down by system/building/phase/etc. in accubid and each portion is given a separate job number for purchases and labor.

Additionally, our job costing is very specific and allows us to look at a job on a daily basis.

Project sizes - $100K to $5M

What modifications have you done to make it easier to use? Content of assemblies, adding new material etc.? The out of the box version comes with A LOT of info in the database already.

Status
Not open for further replies.