fire prevention week

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1cbr

Since you mentioned fire prevention. Do you know where I can find stats on electrical fires for 2010 and 2011. I have checked FEMA website and NFPA website. Any information would be great. Thanks

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Since you mentioned fire prevention. Do you know where I can find stats on electrical fires for 2010 and 2011. I have checked FEMA website and NFPA website. Any information would be great. Thanks
I think there is a 2 to 3 year delay in getting that information out. Also, there is no "real" electrical fire data as very few fires are really investigated by trained investigators and there is a "if in doubt, it is electrical" mindset on the part of many who are involved in writing fire cause reports.

Rewire

A1cbr

I think there is a 2 to 3 year delay in getting that information out. Also, there is no "real" electrical fire data as very few fires are really investigated by trained investigators and there is a "if in doubt, it is electrical" mindset on the part of many who are involved in writing fire cause reports.

Thanks. That explains why I can't find the lastest stats. It's also messed up that there are very few that can properly identify the actual cause of fires. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.