customer info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

Yep, that's the answer. My cell phone is for my friends and family, anyone else get's my home phone, which, now that I have caller ID on my TV, I answer a lot more.

When I'm in the middle of an inspection, the last thing I need is a call from a plumber asking me if I was happy with the service.

more people are dropping the hard line and going just cell we haven't had a hard line to the house for over two years .

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
It is exactly what I said. If you have no email you probably don't have electric or own your home or have a bank account and more than likely you have an assortment of tin foil hats.

Up until you came back with a comment like the above I thought you were pretty savvy.
I know many people who do not have an email address or a cell phone. But you can rest assured they have electricity and a bank account and own their home.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
One thing we ask of new customers is where you got our name. We would like to know what advertising works
That is another type of question that I don't answer. I also tell companies that call asking if I liked their product or service that I don't answer those types of questions and the the fact that you called me to ask makes it very unlikely that I will buy their product or use their service in the future.

Rewire

That is another type of question that I don't answer. I also tell companies that call asking if I liked their product or service that I don't answer those types of questions and the the fact that you called me to ask makes it very unlikely that I will buy their product or use their service in the future.

we would highly recommend our competitor to you.:bye:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I get my customers name, job and billing address, and I ask what is the best way to get a hold of them. Sometimes that is 1 phone # and sometimes I end up with 4 or 5 phone numbers, e-mail addy and fax #. I leave it up to the customer.
That works a lot better for me than you telling me what information you want me to give you.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
now I understand your issue you view it as "telling" instead of "asking" that is very helpful to know.
Both the asking and not telling me as well as not asking for a specific method of contact is important to me. If you ask me for my cell number I would probable not give it to you. If you ask me what is the best method to contact me, I might give you cell number, but I might also tell you, "don't contact me, I will contact you". I always do that if I am buying a new car and if they call me, after I have told them not to, I don't buy from them.

Rewire

Cause I looked him up on the internet, got his contact information and called him.:happyno:

did he show a long form birth certificate ?:lol: Sinse the majority of our customers have looked us up and called us we have little pushback on getting info as a matter of fact anyone is welcome to call us now to get to me you will have to get past our call screener :happyno:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
did he show a long form birth certificate ?:lol: Sinse the majority of our customers have looked us up and called us we have little pushback on getting info as a matter of fact anyone is welcome to call us now to get to me you will have to get past our call screener :happyno:

That's pretty common:

"May I ask who's calling?"
"Chief electrical inspector for the city of....."

Usually get's me right through or a pretty quick call back. :angel:

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
That's pretty common:

"May I ask who's calling?"
"Chief electrical inspector for the city of....."

Usually get's me right through or a pretty quick call back. :angel:

Or overheard when told who is on the line: you tell that $#@!%^ to $%#@

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Or overheard when told who is on the line: you tell that $#@!%^ to $%#@

Closest I got was "He says that he doesn't understand the correction" "Well tell him he has to use xyz and that should take care of it". (in the background)"Crap, I didn't think he knew about those" "he said he'll take care of it right away.":roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.