need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

When it comes to your business what information do you absolutly need to know each day? Is their something that must be on your desk each morning? As we begin to track more things I spend about an hour each morning reviewing reports on the previous day. We started with tracking phone calls things like how many calls how many were service,bids,callbacks etc. We expanded from their to number of tickets and average ticket call conversion rates sales stats. I am starting to realize just how much I have been winging it over the past few years.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
How much money will i make today and at the end of the day how much money did i make today. :D

Being a one man shop:

I need to know where I'm working and what I'm working on, whether or not I need to pick up any parts/materials on the way, do I need to bring any tools that aren't always on the truck.

Oh, and I need to know if I have to quit early so my son isn't stranded at pre-K.

That probably covers the "absolutely need to knows"

Rewire

Being a one man shop:

I need to know where I'm working and what I'm working on, whether or not I need to pick up any parts/materials on the way, do I need to bring any tools that aren't always on the truck.

Oh, and I need to know if I have to quit early so my son isn't stranded at pre-K.

That probably covers the "absolutely need to knows"

man I couldn't handle the stress of being a one man shop

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
man I couldn't handle the stress of being a one man shop

As a one man shop I can't handle the stress of having employees. Doesn't matter which way you look at it there is stress. It matter how one handles the stress.

Rewire

As a one man shop I can't handle the stress of having employees. Doesn't matter which way you look at it there is stress. It matter how one handles the stress.

actually I have found the more people I have working the less stress I have. I first realized this when I had enough people in the field to aford to hire someone to work the office that took a lot of the stress off me now I have a field manager also .I was talking with an owner with twenty trucks on the road and he told me "I have alot of people between me and the stress" .

Status
Not open for further replies.