electrical engineer
Last edited:

RustyShackleford

Occupation
electrical engineer

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I have never seen what the op is looking for.

I haven't either. If I had some molding equipment, I'd try to make a model and get a co. to buy it. Would be a great product.

I will go out of my way to get toggle covers rather than bubble type. Less protrusion, easier to work, look far better.

RustyShackleford

Occupation
electrical engineer
I haven't either. If I had some molding equipment, I'd try to make a model and get a co. to buy it. Would be a great product.
I suppose you could get a couple of single-gang ones and do some sawing and such to fashion a prototype.
I will go out of my way to get toggle covers rather than bubble type. Less protrusion, easier to work, look far better.
Yeah, looks like the choice will between going 2-gang (horizontal 1-gang would fit nicer on flat piece of beveled lapped siding) or using the bubble-type cover.

John120/240

I suppose you could get a couple of single-gang ones and do some sawing and such to fashion a prototype.

Yeah, looks like the choice will between going 2-gang (horizontal 1-gang would fit nicer on flat piece of beveled lapped siding) or using the bubble-type cover.

I would use a single gang box with a duplex receptacle weatherproof cover. For operation Raise the flipper door over which ever switch is

desired. A bubble cover protrudes away for the wall too much for my taste.

RustyShackleford

Occupation
electrical engineer
I would use a single gang box with a duplex receptacle weatherproof cover. For operation Raise the flipper door over which ever switch is desired.

Right, flipper door, not bubble.

A bubble cover protrudes away for the wall too much for my taste.
True, but bubble is required here ("in use" cover) on outdoor outlet, but at least that is not at chest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.