ser out of meter socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dg01501

Hi there, I'm trying to get an inspection on a new meter but there are two exististing meters one with an seu out to the main panel and one with an ser out to a main panel. The mbj's are in the meters. Is there an issue?

iwire

Staff member
Hi there, I'm trying to get an inspection on a new meter but there are two exististing meters one with an seu out to the main panel and one with an ser out to a main panel. The mbj's are in the meters. Is there an issue?

Where is the overcurrent protection?

You only need SER after the overcurrent protection, unless it happens to be a 3 phase service.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
To me, your question gives rise to many possibilities.
Can you be a bit more descriptive.

You mention a "meter inspection". Are you simply getting an inspection on a existing install or did you install additional wiring ?
You say "there are two meters".. did you add a third ?
What is the location of the panels in relation to the meters (ie: how far do the service conductors extend into the building) ?

Dg01501

Ok well there were two meters existing with two panels about 15 feet away...I added a new landlords meter and put the panel about 15 feet away with the other panels. So my work is all good but the existing is what I'm worried about. I dont know if the inspector is going to question it

Status
Not open for further replies.