Home Standby Generator Placement in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank56

I have a 17kw generator to be installed for a customer in NYC, my question is, can I install this generator in the customers side yard? I will be within the manufacturers specs for installation but what I do not know is if NYC has any code as to where the generator can be placed. I am a NYC electrician and I never had the opportunity to install one of these units hopefully someone can give me some insight. Thanks.

ceb58

I have a 17kw generator to be installed for a customer in NYC, my question is, can I install this generator in the customers side yard? I will be within the manufacturers specs for installation but what I do not know is if NYC has any code as to where the generator can be placed. I am a NYC electrician and I never had the opportunity to install one of these units hopefully someone can give me some insight. Thanks.
The one that can give you the most insight is the local inspector. You may have setback distances to deal with, noise ordnances and such. The inspector will and should have the info you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.