drop ceiling receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I don't think that's an issue as long as the receptacle is supported properly. Of course that will not be acceptable as the disconnect

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
The machine below comes with a disconnect.I have run 277 lighting in dropped ceilings, just never a three phase receptacle.

kwired

Electron manager
Are we talking a receptacle that is flush in the ceiling or a receptacle that is above the ceiling?

Nothing wrong at all with the one that is flush in the ceiling. They can be somewhat of a pain to mount and make so that they don't want to "push in" when trying to plug a cord into them.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Are we talking a receptacle that is flush in the ceiling or a receptacle that is above the ceiling?

Nothing wrong at all with the one that is flush in the ceiling. They can be somewhat of a pain to mount and make so that they don't want to "push in" when trying to plug a cord into them.

Although not required by code, using a twist-lock receptacle in overhead applications is a good idea.

jusme123

Occupation
JW
look at a new McDonalds, that's how they feed most of their equipment, from cords dropped from drop ceiling

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
yes it will be fun to make up,its 12/4 with ground.single gang box. i believe it will be a twist lock receptacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.