prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolfan

where can you get prints made that are sent over the internet only? the print is to small to read

The file or the size of the image needs to capable of being large in order to work well being enlarged.
Most architects will provide a file or PDF that is works if printed large. However I have seen Arch print the file as 8"x 11 that does not enlarge the fonts and will just get pixilated. This one in particular wanted you to purchase full size from him.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Customers frequently ask us for drawings in PDF format. I will print to PDF from paper space in AutoCAD 2011 LT. Our usual size for alarm drawings is Arch D (24" x 36"). When you get my PDF its native size is 24" x 36". As others have mentioned you can usually get them printed out at Staples, Kinkos, or some similar provider.

You would do well to invest in a multi-function printer that will print to 11" x 17", or even 13" x 19". I saw one at Staples a few months ago, and I didn't get it because I couldn't figure out how to deep six the HP1120C without the wife catching wise :lol:. It was a ridiculously low price (lower price in absolute dollars than the HP1120C 10 years ago), and it would SCAN 11" x 17"! For a small business it would be a no-brainer. With that printer, you could tile print the Arch D print on 4 sheets and tape them together in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.