Looking for church light fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

delfadelfa

I am bidding a job to replace existing church lighting. Ceilings are about 20 feet, all wood with big wood beams. Existing lights are 20 - cylinder type fixtures that can be adjusted like a spot light with one 500 watt osram bulb in each fixture. The church is about 100 foot wide by 75 feet. Half of the light boxes are against the walls but I could hang the other 10 lights down below the beams.
They are complaining about the maintenance of the existing fixtures and they do not put off enough light. The heat from the 500 watt bulbs is bleaching the wood ceiling. I don't really want the job so I will be bidding high. If anybody has a fixture web site I can check out or any ideals, it would help. Thanks

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Ah, I'm working on a church job with some of these now:
Nice lookin' UFO thingies.
Fine for a modern look!
IMHO the 3500K option is the perfect "warmth" for a church environment, provided the CRI is decent. For tubular fluorescents I always tried to use Spec35 even thought the cost is higher.

TNBaer

Fine for a modern look!
IMHO the 3500K option is the perfect "warmth" for a church environment, provided the CRI is decent. For tubular fluorescents I always tried to use Spec35 even thought the cost is higher.

Good call! The 35s are really underused in my opinion. A couple years back I went to the Philips' Lighting Lab in Somerset, NJ. They asked us which color we preferred by flicking on different lamps in a room across the hall. Almost universally people responded with 41k (classic Cool White). Then they had us go in the room as they switched the colors and asked which we liked. And almost to a T people said they dug sitting under 35s the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.