comfort advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

A local HVAC company has an outside sales guy that follows up on heating unit replacements identified by the service techs. They call him a "comfort advisor". I have never heard of this being tried on the electrical side but thought it might be worth a look. Has anyone tried this or know an EC that does?

ceknight

A local HVAC company has an outside sales guy that follows up on heating unit replacements identified by the service techs. They call him a "comfort advisor".

"Comfort Advisor" is trendspeak for salesperson and project manager. Just a hunch, but I'm fairly sure many ECs have the equivalent.

chris1971

A local HVAC company has an outside sales guy that follows up on heating unit replacements identified by the service techs. They call him a "comfort advisor". I have never heard of this being tried on the electrical side but thought it might be worth a look. Has anyone tried this or know an EC that does?

Why not have your office personnel do a follow up? People get caught up with trying to title everything. Maybe your chief sanitation engineer could do the follow ups.:lol:

TonyEEINC

Thats Me!

Thats Me!

Oh yes, I have that guy, he also in the janitor, the flat tire fixer, the motivator, the parts chaser, and when know one else will work he the night guy.....
I do follow ups on all projects.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
I am beginning to understand why ECs are so far behind the other trades.

Exactly I agree with you.

The plumbers and the HVAC companies are alot more profitable than us EC guys. It seems like for us ECs it is a challenge to do a job the cheap way just to get the job. It is a shame that there is so much money out there and people want to spend it but for some reason EC do not want to take their money.

I don't understand what is wrong with calling the sales guys the "comfort advisor". Just the word it self will probably sell more.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I don't understand what is wrong with calling the sales guys the "comfort advisor". Just the word it self will probably sell more.
No problem with "comfort advisor" for HVAC, but it would seem a little strange for an EC sales guy. :)
Maybe "safety and satisfaction" advisor? :cool:

BAHTAH

comfort advisor

I'm looking towards the music industry as a model. I want an agent, so every time someone flips a switch I installed, I get a royalty check.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Well, seeing as you are so far ahead of other ECs I expect you will have tremendous success.

It all depnds how one defines success. OP poster may very well be on a roll to success. What ever success means to him.

Or maybe he is trying to show us how by the correct use of english words a perspective lead may turn in to a profitable sales.

kwired

Electron manager
Plumbing and HVAC are different from electrical - especially to the average user of these systems. If something electrical is not working properly they may not know what is wrong but usually know something is wrong. Plumbing may have more obvious problems and you don't need to know as much about how they work to have some idea of what the problem may be. HVAC is getting more complex than it used to be, but some basics are still easy for the user to understand, where there are a lot of people that don't understand electricity at all.

sparkyrick

"Comfort Advisor" sounds like a new name for the oldest profession.

Yup!
evilB.gif

Rewire

I think that having someone do direct sales would work well with generators. Most of our sales have ben through the customer contacting us but I know their is alot more potential customers who are undeciced .

Status
Not open for further replies.