Old VFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Besoeker

Whats the proper way to srcap out a old VFD ? Allen Bradley
In UK we have the WEEE directive. Waste electrical and electronic equipment. It has to be correctly disposed of and there are contractors who are authorised or licensed to undertake this work.

OK. We have a container/skip/dumpster in one corner of our factory yard. It is clearly and correctly labelled that it is for WEEE only. We should be getting an authorise contractor to clear it out from time to time.
We have never needed to. The Pikies do it for us.

Pikies? It's a pejorative term for those from what is now termed "the travelling community". People of no fixed abode who live mainly in caravans/campers. They have a reputation for well, not being the most upstanding pillars of society. And for stealing anything that isn't nailed down, bolted and locked in a facility as secure as a bank vault. Audacious too, with some of the stunts they pull.

broadgage

No doubt there is an official and expensive procedure !
What I do with anything redundant that contains copper, aluminium, or looks as so it might contain such, is to simply leave it outside the back door.
This is not fly tipping or dumping since it is still on my employers property, being left there for a workmate to collect.
It is almost allways gone by the next morning, I suppose that my workmates work later than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.