Date Innerduct is Manufactured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

San -Brooke

I need a little help here since I have slept quite a bit since I used the stuff. Does most innerduct have the date that it was manufactured stamped on the outside of it every few feet?

San -Brooke

Not that I have noticed. Why would it matter, it's not like there is a "best if used before" requirement.

-Hal

It matters when someone is installing it direct burial all over a facility and someone is claiming that the installation was done prior to their tenure.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
It matters when someone is installing it direct burial all over a facility and someone is claiming that the installation was done prior to their tenure.

what's wrong with that? as long as the cable inside it is rated for direct burial it is just for physical protection UG. its not being used as a raceway.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
Ah. The old "don't blame me, the guy before me did it" excuse. As petersonra said, it won't matter because it doesn't even have to be there- assuming he also used direct burial cable. Now, if that's not the case then somebody's should be in trouble.

-Hal

eHunter

It depends, in our storage lot we have several reels of innerduct from endot, carlon and EWC, some have date markings, some don't from the same manufacturer.
There a 3 reels of carlon, 2 have date of mnaufacture and 1 does not.
For the endot, 1 older reel does not and the newer does.
The EWC reels all have date of manufacture.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.