Kitchen pedistal recpt recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragin Cajun

Just picked another apartment/cond design project. There is a 5' pass through that because of the layout will require at least one pedestal receptacle, likely two.

Anyone have suggestions for a brand/model. I don't want the pop up type. Just a simple pedestal I can mount a 20a GFCI.

Thanks,

RC

gndrod

Just picked another apartment/cond design project. There is a 5' pass through that because of the layout will require at least one pedestal receptacle, likely two.

Anyone have suggestions for a brand/model. I don't want the pop up type. Just a simple pedestal I can mount a 20a GFCI.

Thanks,

RC

Could you cite a code requirement for a receptacle located at a pass-through opening? A wall receptacle on the opposite wall underside (12" max of the opening could be applied typical of a peninsula outlet location configuration I believe.) [219.52(C)(5)] exc.

Ragin Cajun

gndrod,

Thanks for the reply. I look at it as part of the kitchen counter. These are small condo's and the kitchen is quite small so I'm assuming I need something at counter level.

But, you do bring up a point, it is a pass through and a pedestal could get in the way. I just don't want to have an inspector gig me on it at final, "code review" notwithstanding!

Under the counter on the kitchen side is the dishwasher, can't put one there. On the dining room side the counter is extended 12" out. I do have one under there as part of the dining room outlets. To the left is a wall where I have one. To the right is the frig with no space for an outlet.

Thanks,

RC

Status
Not open for further replies.