1/2 year in the can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

With half the year over we are looking at our numbers. Things appear to have recovered from the downturn a few years ago. We have been getting a steady amount of work and have several new clients that we will be getting steady work from. We have a lot of commercial construction going on in the area and even some new homes I hope the corner has been rounded and this will be the beginning of another good run. What is the market like in your area?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I think any even tiny turnaround in some places will be huge for the few people left in business as there is not much competition to speak of left.

GUNNING

Things are still tight but there was an uptick for the year in June because of a storm. Then it dropped off like a cliff. The Real estate market had a technical adjustment here. People starting to sell at a loss and getting out to bottom feeders.
All and all ... flat here too.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Roughing in a 7,000 sq. ft home now and will start a 9,000 sq. ft home early September. Along with that we have been pretty steady this year. This area has seen a big turn around from a few years ago. Lots of remo work and custom homes appear to be on the rise.

jumper

Roughing in a 7,000 sq. ft home now and will start a 9,000 sq. ft home early September. Along with that we have been pretty steady this year. This area has seen a big turn around from a few years ago. Lots of remo work and custom homes appear to be on the rise.

All the bells and whistles for these jobs?

Geez, I still remember that house you showed Chris, Cara and me.

You do resi on a scale that is remarkable.:thumbsup:

I think the control boards I am working on are probably less complex than the lighting controls you install.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
All the bells and whistles for these jobs?

Geez, I still remember that house you showed Chris, Cara and me.

You do resi on a scale that is remarkable.:thumbsup:

I think the control boards I am working on are probably less complex than the lighting controls you install.

The house coming up is going to be an intense detail oriented job. Boxes for floor outlets need to be flush- cover and all. Walls are mostly polished concrete etc. I feel sorry for the builders as this job will be intense on their end.

There is no path from one side of the basement to the other other then in the slab or go up two stories and then back down. It better be right on the rough in or we are out of luck.

That house you guys saw was pretty amazing and cost about $5 million. This concrete one will be 9,000 sq,ft and cost about $4 million.

Personally I like smaller houses to wire. This job the architect sent me a pdf of 80 pages for light fixtures and their specifications. It took 3 hours to get all the info together. I am charging for it since the architect should have done it and you know he would get paid.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
The house coming up is going to be an intense detail oriented job. Boxes for floor outlets need to be flush- cover and all. Walls are mostly polished concrete etc. I feel sorry for the builders as this job will be intense on their end.

There is no path from one side of the basement to the other other then in the slab or go up two stories and then back down. It better be right on the rough in or we are out of luck.

That house you guys saw was pretty amazing and cost about $5 million. This concrete one will be 9,000 sq,ft and cost about $4 million.

Personally I like smaller houses to wire. This job the architect sent me a pdf of 80 pages for light fixtures and their specifications. It took 3 hours to get all the info together. I am charging for it since the architect should have done it and you know he would get paid.

Nice ,,sounds like a very good job , hopefully with lots of money..::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.