Lugs direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

templdl

This is UL recognized such as components used if factory assemblies.

This is UL recognized such as components used if factory assemblies.

Just received my 2nd order today. They seem to be good product.

I use the mechanical butt splices and am happy with them.

Between Lugs Direct and HD, I am saving about $3.5 per splice if I purchase through lugs direct.
UL Recognized Component Mark
These are Marks consumers rarely see because they are specifically used on component parts that are part of a larger product or system. These components may have restrictions on their performance or may be incomplete in construction. The component recognition marking is found on a wide range of products, including some switches, power supplies, printed wiring boards, some kinds of industrial control equipment and thousands of other products.
Just as with the UL Listing and Classified Marks, there are three variations of UL's Recognized Component Mark: one for the United States only, one for Canada only and one for both the United States and Canada. The C-UR Mark is applied to components only used in the Canadian market. Components with this type of Mark have been evaluated to Canadian standards. The optional C-UL-US Component Recognition Mark indicates compliance with both Canadian and U.S. requirements. UL encourages manufacturers distributing UL Recognized Components evaluated for both countries to use this combined Mark, but they may continue using separate UL Recognized Component Marks for the United States and Canada.
Components covered by UL's Recognized Component program are intended to be installed in another device, system or end product. They are to be installed at the factory, not in the field and they may have restricted performance capabilities that limit their use. When a complete product or system containing UL Recognized Components is evaluated, the end-product evaluation process can be streamlined.
The UL component evaluation process may include a construction examination and testing. Guidelines addressing the suitability of a component when used in an end product are noted in UL's test report as conditions of acceptability. This information can also be found in UL's Online Certifications Directory and the UL iQTM parametric databases.
All components carrying the UL Recognized Component Mark are covered by UL's Follow-Up Services program to determine continued compliance with UL's requirements.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I think you have to look at this a little closer. DIN rail mounted terminals are recognized. Are you saying they cannot be used except in a factory assembly? Most plug in relay sockets are also only recognized. Can you not use them either?

templdl

I think you have to look at this a little closer. DIN rail mounted terminals are recognized. Are you saying they cannot be used except in a factory assembly? Most plug in relay sockets are also only recognized. Can you not use them either?

It is not me that is saying it, it is what the UL recognized label is as defined by UL. These are not my words.
My concern is the misapplication is UL recognized components.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
It is not me that is saying it, it is what the UL recognized label is as defined by UL. These are not my words.
My concern is the misapplication is UL recognized components.

The code allows you to use whatever components are "approved". There is no requirement that most components be listed, so why would it matter if you used a recognized component where a component that was neither listed nor recognized would be acceptable?

templdl

The code allows you to use whatever components are "approved". There is no requirement that most components be listed, so why would it matter if you used a recognized component where a component that was neither listed nor recognized would be acceptable?

It's your choice whether to follow the requirements of the UL recognized requirements. How would you interpret "Components covered by UL's Recognized Component program are intended to be installed in another device, system or end product. They are to be installed at the factory, not in the field and they may have restricted performance capabilities that limit their use. When a complete product or system containing UL Recognized Components is evaluated, the end-product evaluation process can be streamlined."
Thus, UL recognized components are never to be confused with UL listed devices. You just can't use the anywhere that you choose to.
Of course you can do anything you want in the field an the AHJ probably doesn't have a clue anyway.

templdl

So no more field installed plug-in relay and bases?

Do we need to get rid of the 'industrial' pushbuttons and contact blocks?

I should hope not so there must be something else that would allow these recognized components to be installed in the field.
But that's what UL recognized says.

Status
Not open for further replies.