shared neutral

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkync

I am running outlets for a game room for kids. Each machine will pull 3 amps. Each receptacle will have 2 machines plugged into it, making 6 amps per outlet. I am planning on putting 2 outlets on a 20 amp. circuit. According to code I can run a "shared neutral" if I place the circuits under a double pole breaker. Under these circumstances, is that what most of you would do to save wire?? Thanks a lot...

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
According to code I can run a "shared neutral" if I place the circuits under a double pole breaker. Under these circumstances, is that what most of you would do to save wire?? Thanks a lot...
If you do this you will be joining the Dark Order of Users of the MWBC. I'm already a member so I would encourage you to join.

The question about the exact location of this room does need to be answered.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I am running outlets for a game room for kids. Each machine will pull 3 amps. Each receptacle will have 2 machines plugged into it, making 6 amps per outlet. I am planning on putting 2 outlets on a 20 amp. circuit. According to code I can run a "shared neutral" if I place the circuits under a double pole breaker. Under these circumstances, is that what most of you would do to save wire?? Thanks a lot...

Yes.

Ravenvalor

Do not run neutral through the outlets

Do not run neutral through the outlets

You probably already know this, if you decide to add more outlets on a circuit be sure to splice the neutral separate from the outlet. Do not use the outlet as a neutral splice.

Status
Not open for further replies.