Turnbuckles & Crosby's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Has anyone heard of these in reference to some sort of support? Is it a trade name? Was given an estimate that has large feeders running attached to messenger cable. Does anyone have a a link to where these are sold.....Grainger, OZ Gedney etc. Thanks a lot.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
A crosby is used to fasten wiree rope to itself--like when making an eye--and ditto on john for the turnbuckle

Since we're talking messenger wire, I'd say you are correct.

Yes, definitely. My brain was in rigging at the time. (I promised myself that I wouldn't answer posts before the 2nd cup of coffee. Keep breaking that, sigh.)

BTW, I've seen "counterfeit" Crosby(tm) shackles and wire rope clamps. Looks almost like the real thing, red paint and all.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
Since we're talking messenger wire, I'd say you are correct. In regards to a rigging instance, it'd be a screw-pin shackle, as mentioned. Crosby actually makes a wide variety products for flexible support systems.

http://www.thecrosbygroup.com/html/default.htm

Ok--I fell into the "generalization" trap-I hate it when I do that:blink::ashamed::slaphead:-If someone told me "Go get me a couple of Crosbys for 1" wire rope" this is what i would get-Here is what I was refering to as a crosby and "assumed" this is what the OP was refering to,
View attachment 8948

Status
Not open for further replies.