Fuses in disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

I know stand alone disconnects can come fused or unfused but when you have disconnects in large distribution boards can they come fused as well?

mstrlucky74

Ok, thanks. How about a scenario were you have to install a new switch in an existing board? Still fused most of the time?

mstrlucky74

Yes they will be fused and plug in much the same as an MCC bucket will. So proper PPE and the associated time is required for installation.

Thanks MIB...what does the plug refer to..... The switch will plug in??? If so, plug into what?? Stabs, copper bus? Thanks

kwired

Electron manager

Thanks MIB...what does the plug refer to..... The switch will plug in??? If so, plug into what?? Stabs, copper bus? Thanks

Really depends on the design of the switchboard, could plug on to a bus, could bolt on.

I just dismantled a switchboard that was about 40 years old a couple days ago. All the switch units had bolted connections to the bus.

BAHTAH

Fusible switches

Fusible switches

I know stand alone disconnects can come fused or unfused but when you have disconnects in large distribution boards can they come fused as well?

Fusible switches can be ordered either Fusible or Non-Fused. They can be stand alone or designed for motor control centers and or switchboards. You specify and install the fuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.