Multiple 3 phase heat pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rald277

Looking at a design and build with six 15kw 208v 3 phase heat pumps. Equipment has not been selected yet. For service load calculations do I hit the first unit at 125% and all the others at 100%?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Looking at a design and build with six 15kw 208v 3 phase heat pumps. Equipment has not been selected yet. For service load calculations do I hit the first unit at 125% and all the others at 100%?

Will the controls start them independently or will one thermostat turn them all on at one time?

kwired

Electron manager

The heat pump is usually rated in tons, and you have to see nameplate for actual voltage and amps rating. Tons of cooling doesn't exactly convert directly to kW or kVA, you have efficiency and power factor to throw into the equation first. I have never seen one rated in kW. supplementary electric heat is usually rated in kW though, and 15 kW would be a pretty common size. I suggest you double check exactly what the 15 kW rating is for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.