knockout set

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Though one may be better than the other, particularly for starting the hole, a sharp bit is generally what is most important.

But a chisel point can only push the material at the center out if the way work hardening it. And this will keep happening until the point of teams through.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Maybe you use super heat conductive duct seal of some kind. It would make sense to pack it with something that is a good conductor of heat to sink some of the heat, but I wouldn't think your typical "duct seal" is a very good heat conductor, and for good reason when sealing raceways with different temperatures on each side.
Guess I only thought it works because I thought it works. Like some home remedies.:)

Learned this (apparently worthless) tip from EC's "Ideas That Work," I guess not guaranteed to work tho.

kwired

Electron manager
Guess I only thought it works because I thought it works. Like some home remedies.:)

Learned this (apparently worthless) tip from EC's "Ideas That Work," I guess not guaranteed to work tho.

I really don't know if that trick works or not, but logic tells me it is not likely to.

Some tips I have read there are pretty clever, some are not, some I have read and decided I already was using a trick that I felt was better than what was submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.