Parallel operation on transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

earlson

Hi mike! Can i use 2 transformers in parallel operation serving LVSG common bus without the need of synchronization? Say 2nos of 1MVA 13.8kv/ 400-230V tx. THANKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

templdl

Hi mike! Can i use 2 transformers in parallel operation serving LVSG common bus without the need of synchronization? Say 2nos of 1MVA 13.8kv/ 400-230V tx. THANKS!

Please advise the nameplate information of the transformers which should include impedance. I'm somewhat concerned that your question is very sketchy at best when your question is in regard to 1mva transformers which is a bit scary. Is this a test or exercise question by any chance?

earlson

Hi! Thanks for d response. Its just a matter of being creative with regards to redundancy of the system. Instead of providing a transfer switch i was thinking of putting both tx online. Anyway, do you mean its possible if both tx are identically manufactured? What about their secondary voltages that s serving common bus? Arent they required to be sunchronized too?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Earlson, I'm temporarily closing this thread, please fill out your profile information.

Thanks

Roger

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
After talking to Earlson via PM's he is an engineer from the Philippines so I have reopened this thread.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.