Old raceway with concrete floor boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User2

We have an old concrete lay-in raceway system for approx. 40 (120V) circuits in our older office areas. This raceway connects up directly to the concrete floor boxes and is wired with regular receptacles with square brass covers/carpet flanges. I cannot find any raceway systems that are ran like this. Everything I find uses the wireways and are then rigid conduit out to the floor boxes. Does anyone know if a manufacturer still produces the older raceway system that connects directly to the concrete floor boxes? I am running multiple VGA cables and cat 6 in one trough and an additional 4 (120V) circuits in another trough and the raceway would be perfect for all those vga cables without having to reterminate all 15pins each.

hbendillo

If I understand what you are describing it is not uncommon at all. Underfloor ducts come with a couple of options. You can have what is called an activation which is usually a 2" round adapter that connects directly to the duct and is set to be flush with the finished floor. With that you can install a surface box on the floor to the activation. Then you have what you are describing which is a box connected directly to the duct that is flush with the finished floor if I understand correctly. Are you trying to install a device in the box for the VGA cable?

7EA

You are probably referring to what I know as "Walker Duct". A google search should provide you with some relavent information.

User2

Thanks for the responses. I checked the "walkerduct" and is made by legrand. This is the exact system that was installed in these office areas. Looks like it was 2x2 duct with one duct for power and one duct for cat5 network cable. Both have the floor boxes mounted directly on top of the duct and then concreted in. This is exactly what will be needed to give room for multiple vga cabling runs, will just take a few floor boxes but that is np.

Status
Not open for further replies.