Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter E

Sorry people, just one question.

My company is moving into a new building. one office has what appears to be due to the wiring a 408v to 220v transformer in it. the questions is, can this room which is 10x15 be occupied for a normal 8-12 hour work day. tried finding info online, no luck

Thank you in advance for any answers.

Walt

JDBrown

Occupation
Electrical Engineer

My company is moving into a new building. one office has what appears to be due to the wiring a 408v to 220v transformer in it. the questions is, can this room which is 10x15 be occupied for a normal 8-12 hour work day. tried finding info online, no luck

Walt
No need to apologize. :)

As long as the transformer is of the regular ol' enclosed type (i.e. you can't see/touch the windings), then there shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure the office isn't assigned to someone who's paranoid about EMF/being under power lines/etc. Or maybe make sure that person does get that office ... :p

templdl

Walt

I assume this is a office where it would be expected to be somewhat quiet. If so any him generated by the transformer may be judged to be loud and even irritating even though the noise may be within the industry standards.
Also, transformers do generate heat. Depending upon the transformer size and room size ventilation and cool in may be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.