Satcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

69gp

Hi,

not sure anyone can help me here. I am onsite trouble shooting a Satcon PVS-375 inverter. As you know there out of business. the unit is offline with a code of 14. I have no owners manuals or any way of knowing what his code means. Does anyone know ? Also does anyone know what temp these units start having trouble running in. Right now the room temp is 95 degrees with just one inverter running there is a exhaust fan but with both running at the same time it must get over a 100. seems like it would be high in my opinion.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
steve b

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
Hi,

not sure anyone can help me here. I am onsite trouble shooting a Satcon PVS-375 inverter. As you know there out of business. the unit is offline with a code of 14. I have no owners manuals or any way of knowing what his code means. Does anyone know ? Also does anyone know what temp these units start having trouble running in. Right now the room temp is 95 degrees with just one inverter running there is a exhaust fan but with both running at the same time it must get over a 100. seems like it would be high in my opinion.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
steve b

Satcon is out of business but their website is still up and functioning along with a phone number, may want to try it and see if they left a skeleton crew behind for a while. Anyway I found a manual for a PVS-250 which probably has the same electronics. Fault code 14 means inverter fault and the solution is to contact Satcon service, good luck. Check here 6th link down.

http://www.google.com/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=a7a801eebf8b2125&q=Satcon+PVS-375+INVERTER+manual

69gp

Satcon is out of business but their website is still up and functioning along with a phone number, may want to try it and see if they left a skeleton crew behind for a while. Anyway I found a manual for a PVS-250 which probably has the same electronics. Fault code 14 means inverter fault and the solution is to contact Satcon service, good luck. Check here 6th link down.

http://www.google.com/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=a7a801eebf8b2125&q=Satcon+PVS-375+INVERTER+manual

thanks for the manual link. I did try calling them before I posted online here but all the lines were disconnected and one of the lines that I called was for walmart gift cards.

thanks
steve b

eric9822

Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Tech
thanks for the manual link. I did try calling them before I posted online here but all the lines were disconnected and one of the lines that I called was for walmart gift cards.

thanks
steve b

No problem. I called a friend of mine that works for an installer of very large PV systems around the world and they have a large installed base of SatCon inverters. He was on the road at the time but we was going to find out who they are using for SatCon service in your area and see if they had a manual for a PVS-375. I'll post any info I get back from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.